New round of nurseries awarded Millie's Mark
It was great to hold the first official Millie’s Mark panel at head office on Thursday 26 January, and award Millie’s Mark to 12 more settings. Panel members (above) included Dan Thompson from Millie's Trust and Heather Frizzell.
- Gigglers Day Nursery, Bolton
- Little Stars Ltd, Leicester
- Little Faces Childcare Ltd, Chelmsford
- Ladybird Forest Pre-School, Bedford
- Hipperholme & Lightcliffe Day Nurseries Ltd, Brighouse
- Mulberry Bush Nursery Whitefield, Manchester
- Mulberry Bush Nursery Walshaw, Bury
- Mulberry Bush Nursery Walmersley, Bury
- Mulberry Bush Nursery Dumers Lane, Bury
- Mulberry Bush Nursery Tottingham, Bury
- Monkey Puzzle, Southport
- Stationhouse Nursery, Portishead.
Holding Millie’s Mark not only validates that the setting has 100% of staff working with paediatric first aid certificates but also demonstrates that they have systems in place to carry out ongoing checks of staff’s confidence and competence in applying paediatric first aid.
We have also seen many of the settings change their practice to make improvements to help keep children safer, including lone worker and food safety policies, near miss audits and due-diligence checklists.
Nicky Welsby, Manager at Monkey Puzzle Southport, said: "I would like to say a massive thank you to all of the Millie's Mark team for your help and support throughout the process. Thrilled with everything including the outcome."
Millie's Mark is the voluntary 'gold standard' award for paediatric first aid in early years settings - read a case study from an awarded nursery and watch a video here.